How to Inject Testosterone for Men: From Start to Finish
In this video, Jada Pascual, RN at Novus Anti-Aging Center in Los Angeles, goes over the details of how to inject testosterone for men from start to finish.
Intramuscular vs. Subcutaneous Injections
Testosterone can be injected either intramuscularly (into muscle tissue) or subcutaneously (beneath the skin into a fatty area).
When testosterone is injected intramuscularly, it is first combined with MIC-B (the amino acids Methionine, Inositol, and Choline, plus B vitamins). MIC-B is a fat metabolizer that also boosts energy due to its high levels of B vitamins. Mixing MIC-B with testosterone makes the MIC-B much easier to inject.
When testosterone is injected subcutaneously, it is injected on its own without MIC-B.
Intramuscular doses can be delivered fewer times per week, since they contain a larger dose of testosterone. They only need to be injected twice per week.
Subcutaneous doses must be delivered more frequently, often up to five times a week, since they contain a smaller dose of testosterone. Many times, we recommend one dose per day Monday through Friday.
Intramuscular Injections: Preparing the Syringe
1. Open the MIC-B vial and the testosterone vial.
2. Unscrew the orange cap of the 3mL syringe.
3. Screw the pink cap onto the syringe. This provides a larger needle, which allows you to draw up a larger amount of testosterone more quickly.
4. Wipe the open tops of the MIC-B and testosterone vials using an alcohol swab
5. Remove the cap from the needle and set the cap aside.
6. Insert the needle into the testosterone vial and draw up your prescribed amount of testosterone. This is typically either 0.3mL, 0.4mL, or 0.5mL. Remove the needle from the vial.
7. Insert the needle into the MIC-B vial and draw up the MIC-B to the 1mL line (regardless of the amount of testosterone already present). Remove the needle from the vial.
8. Place the cap back on the needle.
9. Pull a little bit of air into the syringe.
10. Shake the syringe, making it easier to inject intramuscularly.
11. Unscrew the pink cap and screw on the orange cap.
The syringe is now ready for intramuscular injection.
Subcutaneous Injections: Preparing the Syringe
This is done using an insulin syringe. These syringes have very small needles, so it is best to be gentle with them.
1. Open the testosterone vial.
2. Remove the top and bottom orange caps from the syringe.
3. Wipe the open top of the testosterone vial using an alcohol swab.
4. Insert the needle into the testosterone vial and draw up 0.1 to 0.2mL of testosterone. This process takes a fair amount time, so patience is required. Remove the needle from the vial.
The syringe is now ready for subcutaneous injection.
Intramuscular Injections: Site Option #1
To find this injection site, while standing, first put your right hand on your right hip, placing your hip in the natural crook between your thumb and your index finger.
While leaving your thumb in place, tilt your four fingers to point downward. The spot where the tip of your index finger is resting is where the injection should be made.
Intramuscular Injections: Site Option #2
To find this injection site, while sitting, relax your legs. Place your left hand on top of your left thigh, right above your knee.
Gently squeezing, bring your hand up your thigh until you reach the highest graspable point. The area that you are currently squeezing between your thumb and index finger is the injection site.
Subcutaneous Injections: The Injection Site
To find this injection site, while standing, lift up your shirt. Grab one of your love handles. This area of pinched belly fat is the subcutaneous injection site.
Once you have prepared your syringe for either subcutaneous or intramuscular injection and have located the appropriate injection site, it will be time to inject your dose.
1. Use an alcohol swab to wipe the injection site, cleaning the skin.
2. Draw a small amount of air into the prepared syringe.
3. Shake the syringe to mix the liquid.
4. Place the needle against the injection site and into the skin.
5. Inject the testosterone.
6. Remove the needle from the skin.
7. Rub the site ten times with an alcohol swab to make sure that the testosterone stays inside the tissue.
Get in Touch Today
Contact Novus Anti-Aging Center to find out more about how to inject testosterone for men from start to finish in Los Angeles. During a consultation, our skilled medical professionals will be available to walk you through the process.