Erectile Dysfunction Causes & Treatments
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the consistent inability to produce or sustain an erection to have satisfactory sexual intercourse. It can also have the effect of decreased desire for sexual activity. It is normal for men to experience the symptoms of ED every now and then, but may require medical attention if it is a persistent problem.
Frequently Asked Questions About Erectile Dysfunction
1. What Are the Physical Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
When everything is working the way it should, sexual stimulation brings about increased blood flow into the two chambers of the penis (the corpora cavernosa). When the chambers are full, the penis becomes hard. ED can happen when:
- There is a lack of blood flowing into the penis
- Blood is not trapped in the penis during an erection
- Damaged nerves in the penis
- Blood vessel disease due to Diabetes
Often times, ED is associated with other medical conditions or chronic diseases. ED can be a side effect of:
- heart disease
- atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis
- type 2 diabetes
- hypertension or hyperlipidemia
- metabolic syndrome
- multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peyronie’s disease
There are also certain prescription medications that cause erectile dysfunction. These include:
- medication for prostate cancer therapy (antiandrogens)
- blood pressure medicine
- ulcer medicine
- certain sleep aids (tranquilizers or sedatives)
- appetite suppressants
It may also be caused by certain lifestyle choices such as:
- substance abuse
2. What Are the Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Psychological factors may not necessarily be the primary cause of ED, but it can further aggravate ED that is caused by a medical condition. Some of these psychological factors are:
- poor self-esteem
- performance anxiety
- relationship problems
- couple fertility problems
3. Is There A Cure For Erectile Dysfunction?
It depends on the primary cause of the patient’s ED. In some cases, if the underlying condition is treated, it may reverse the erectile dysfunction.
For example, if it is caused by a certain medication the patient is taking, switching or eliminating it may reverse the ED.
But for others, specific medical intervention or treatments may be needed to treat ED
4. How Do You Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
The treatment for erectile dysfunction will depend on the conditions that have contributed to it. Depending on the underlying causes, treatment may include lifestyle changes, counseling/therapy, or a change in current medication.
There are injectable medicines or pills as short term or one time solutions, but we now offer a long term solution, the Priapus Shot that actually reverses Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronies Disease.
The P-Shot is the treatment for men that stimulates blood vessel growth to increase blood circulation and for Peyronie’s, to begin cellular regeneration from the platelet rich plasma (PRP) drawn from the patient’s own blood.
PRP has been used in the fields of wound healing, dentistry, and sports injuries. It has now evolved to address aesthetic concerns and physiological dysfunctions. PRP is one of the most advanced, effective, and natural treatments for cellular rejuvenation throughout the body.
5. How Can You Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
While the risk of ED may increase as you age, there are a few things you can do to help prevent it. Here are a few things you can start doing:
- Don’t smoke or quit smoking.
- Don’t use illegal drugs.
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy body mass index.
- Work with your doctor to stay on top of pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or heart disease.
- Find ways to reduce stressors.
- Prioritize your mental health and seek treatment if necessary.
- Regular pelvic floor muscle exercises or kegel exercises.
The key to preventing ED is maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
6. Where Can You Get Treated For Erectile Dysfunction?
Here at Novus Anti-Aging Center, Inc, our doctors are equipped to treat Erectile Dysfunction through the treatments listed above. We service patients in Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Our office is located in Studio City, CA. Patients from other areas are treated as well. Simply contact us at (310) 954-1450 for more details.
About 30 million men in the United States have experienced erectile dysfunction.
So, it’s more common than you think. While it may feel uncomfortable to talk about at first, don’t let the shame rob you of the opportunity to reclaim your sex life.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment for Erectile Dysfunction in Los Angeles, CA, call Novus Anti-Aging Center, Inc at (310) 954-1450.