Benefits of Testosterone Pellet Therapy
Conveniently located to serve Los Angeles, CA
Jerry just wasn’t himself and everybody was beginning to notice – most importantly his wife Jeanette. Work stress and weight gain were becoming a bigger burden than they used to be in his early 40s. Even sex was beginning to feel like a chore, so he only indulged when Jeanette nudged, hoping to perform just long enough. He hated going to his friend’s 50th birthday parties, and declared that he would not attend his own if she should throw one.
During Saturday hoops with his buddies (his son was bored playing at his pace) he found himself getting a bit too breathless for comfort. He’d never had to sit out for so long, and he’d never felt his heart beat so hard. After a few minutes he returned to the game (as men tend to do). But later that day he opened an email from his basketball buddy about the link between Low-T and cardiovascular disease.
Jerry realized his lovingly naggy wife was right – it was time for a check-up.
Jeanette was beginning to miss client conference calls and mix up project due dates – which she’d discretely started scribbling on her wrist. She was still working out, but found herself forgetting trainers’ names, then blushing from embarrassment – or, was that a hot flash?…
The BFF constantly joked about Jeanette’s irritability, and, after a few Cosmos, started bemoaning her lagging libido, vaginal dryness, feeling like a stranger in your own body. Jeanette could relate. Her brain fondly reminisced about the phenomenal sex she and Jerry used to have, and yearned for more of the same – but her body just wouldn’t cooperate.
Her OBGYN’s solution? Prozac and Addyi, the so-called “female Viagra”.
Thanks goddess for her well-read BFF who exclaimed “But we aren’t Prozac deficient – we’re probably progesterone deficient!” and dragged her over to the The Novus Center for some serious hormone testing.
After sharing every detail of her medical history, diet, lifestyle and dysfunctions with her Novus hormone specialist, then handing over some blood, urine, and saliva samples, Jeanette waited. She learned more about her body that day in that Novus suite than she had during all of her college and Women’s Health skimming days.
She learned that all of her annoyances were caused by her progesterone and testosterone imbalances, and that the best clinically-validated way to optimize all of her hormones was through BioTe bioidentical hormone pellets.
Unlike synthetic HRT which carries cancer risks, BHRT pellets are made from yams and soybeans – they match human hormones molecule by molecule, alleviating those cancer risks.
She also learned that both women and men need all of these hormones to function optimally:
- progesterone: this natural diuretic lowers blood volume and blood pressure, putting less stress on the cardiovascular system; it also boosts brain function, and optimizes sexual satisfaction
- testosterone: impacts the effectiveness of the heart by improving muscle contractility and strength to generate energy, muscle mass, and libido
- estrogen: performs over 300 jobs in our bodies; this vasodilator relaxes the endothelial lining of the blood vessels, lowering the risk of blood clots and promoting heart health; men’s estradiol is essential for modulating libido, erectile function, and spermatogenesis
- DHEA: this hormone produced from cholesterol follows one of two enzymatic conversions to yield either estrogens or testosterone – and, to regulate their levels
Needless to say it wasn’t long before Jerry found himself in that same suite with that same Novus hormone specialist (of course his consultation chat was nowhere near as long). His tests detected estrogen and progesterone imbalances.
Although Jerry was initially unnerved by the prospect of inserting a hormone pellet into the fat of his thigh, he soon understood that BioTE pellets were the optimal choice because they’re:
- easy: unlike pills, tablets or patches, pellets leave no room for user error
- natural: bioidentical pellets are crafted from natural plant sources and are molecularly identical to the hormones your body produces
- effective: pellets offer clinically-validated results
- constantly active: one pellet injection lasts for months, so natural hormone balancing is flowing through your bloodstream 24/7
- consistent: pellet hormones consistently fluctuate throughout the day to adjust to your body’s needs
After investing all that time, energy, and money into their health and marriage Jeanette and Jerry vowed to also maintain their cardiovascular health with a heart healthy diet (cutting down on coffee, booze, and fried or processed food) and picked up the supplements their nutritionist recommended. And because hormone testing results are not static – levels fluctuate throughout the day – they adhered strictly to their follow-up appointment schedule to get any required prescription tweaks.
Four months later, Jerry won his Saturday basketball game and wasn’t even a bit worn out. He didn’t join the guys for the usual post-game beers and wings though. Instead, he rushed off for a special date Jeanette had set up after kicking the kids out of the house for the evening.
Rest assured, Jeanette and Jerry visit our comfortable, relaxing suite regularly – with a pep in their step and a smile on their faces. If you’d like to join their happy hormones club, call our discreet, highly skilled specialists to book a consultation at (310) 954-1450 or contact us here.